The beautiful and bizarre part of working as a call center manager is that no matter what goal you achieve, there is still a bigger goal waiting to be conquered. This is where knowing how to plan and execute an effective call center campaign becomes essential.
A call center campaign is a collective effort by your team to improve results through dedicatedly calling contacts. Here is how call center campaigns help businesses:
- Staying relevant to the client
- Qualifying prospects
- Closing more sales
- Providing customer service
- Adding a human touch to the business
- Improving team motivation through collective effort
However, what distinguishes call center campaigns from regular call center operations is that the former has a defined goal and metrics to measure it. Let’s explore different call center campaigns that you could include in your next strategy.
What are the two types of calling campaigns?
Calling campaigns are primarily divided into two:
- Outbound call center campaigns: These campaigns involve agents actively calling your customers to increase sales revenue and improve customer relations.
- Inbound call center campaigns: Inbound campaigns focus on incoming calls from customers to increase customer retention and satisfaction.
This article explores outbound campaigns, best practices for conducting call center campaigns, and features to look for in a call center software to improve results. Read on to know more.
Types of outbound call center campaigns proven to work
There are three types of outbound calling campaigns that you can organize:
- Outbound cold lead outreach
- Outbound warm lead qualification
- Outbound customer survey campaign
Let’s explore each type of outbound campaign to see what suits your needs.
Outbound cold lead outreach
Outbound cold lead outreach campaigns primarily aim to:
- Get new business leads and prospects.
- Test the market to know the demand
- Set up meetings with prospective customers
- Identify new target markets for your business
69% of prospective buyers attend a cold call made by a business, and 82% of buyers accept a meeting with a sales rep after connecting through a cold call.
Those statistics are promising enough to give cold calling a try. Cold calling involves reaching out to prospects or sales leads with whom you have had no previous contact.
While most companies acquire cold calling lists by buying them, you need to ensure that the lists you use are high quality and accurate. Using an outdated, incorrect calling list for your campaigns will only delay your results and create roadblocks in your campaign.
Read Also: These Effective Cold Calling Tips Are All You Need for Your Business | CallHub
Outbound warm lead qualification
Warm leads are people who:
- Know about your business.
- Have interacted with your business by downloading a brochure, visiting your website, etc.
The outbound warm lead qualification aims to:
- Update prospects with the latest information about your company
- Lead them down the sales funnel, closer to the deal.
- Gather more information for a better-targeted approach.
A warm lead calling campaign focuses on reaching out to these prospects and qualifying them for sales opportunities.
As a part of the outbound warm lead qualifications campaign, you agents can do the following:
- Find out if the prospect has the latest information about your products, offers, etc.
- Understand the prospect’s interest in your business, product, or service.
- Document the interaction on your CRM to prepare your team when they call them next.
These calls are not sales calls but a step earlier. The focus of lead qualification calls is to get prospects’ contact information, gauge their interest, and set your sales team up for future success with these individuals.
Outbound customer survey campaign
A customer survey campaign focuses on existing customers. It aims to:
- Renew the interest of existing customers in your business.
- Find out if they have any complaints and escalate them before you lose the client.
- Gain insights and feedback for your business.
- Upsell to customers or upgrade your service for them.
A customer survey campaign can serve as an excellent opportunity to renew relationships with clients, collect data, gather feedback and generate sales with the right strategy in place.
Read Also: Phone survey scripts: Sample scripts and best practices
Now that we’ve learned about different outbound calling campaigns let’s talk about best practices you can implement to boost your campaign’s success.
Best practices to improve your call center campaign
Once you’ve decided on the type of call center campaign you want to organize, there are a few best practices you can use to improve your calling campaign, namely:
- Set clear goals
- Maintain clean lists
- Create a compelling phone script
- Set appropriate success metrics
- Automate your processes
- Track results and improve your campaign.
Let’s expand on these.
Set clear goals
Your agents need to understand the intention behind conducting a call center campaign so that everyone can rally together to ensure it is achieved. You can start your campaign planning by asking yourself a few questions:
- What will this campaign do for you and your business?
- Will this campaign help your customer?
- How will you know this campaign was successful?
- Is this a profitable exercise?
Laying down your campaign goals is the first step towards creating a great call center campaign. Depending on your goals, you can now develop a strategy that ensures success.
Maintain clean lists
The worst time to find out that your calling lists are outdated is when you are in the middle of your campaign. This is when time is crucial, agents are already going through the lists and placing calls, and your success metrics can take a huge hit.
Before you begin your calling campaign, determine the people you want to reach out to, how you want to segment your lists, and remove invalid or non-compliant numbers from your list.
Read our article How to Clean an Existing List & Maintain Clean Contact List for tips on maintaining a clean list.
Create a compelling phone script
A compelling phone script can add immensely to the success of your call center campaign. With a great introduction to hook your call recipients, a well-written agenda, and a clear call-to-action, you have set up your agents to achieve conversions with fewer hassles.
Your phone script must:
- Be short and concise.
- Have a great introduction.
- Include variations for different scenarios (when a child picks up, etc.)
- Have a clear CTA for recipients to act on.
You can find tips to create a compelling phone script by reading Building Call Center Scripts that Motivate Action (with examples).
Set appropriate success metrics
Finding a balance between setting unrealistically high success metrics and underwhelmingly low ones is definitely something a call center manager must strive for. Either case can stifle agent motivation and make your team look bad.
Here are some things to keep in mind while setting up success metrics for your call center campaign:
- The strength of your team and agent efficiency
- The quality of your contact list
- Average talk time
- The speed at which agents can make calls
Working with these factors, determine the metrics that will define the success of your calling campaign.
Automate your processes
Increasing your call center team’s efficiency is also possible through automating your processes to aid agents. One way you can automate your process is by adopting a great call center software.
While we will discuss features to explore later in this article, you might want to know more about autodialers, which exponentially increases your team’s efficiency.
Autodialers help maximize your team’s efficiency by automatically dialing calls for your agents. You can choose between autodialers like a predictive dialer or a power dialer to suit your campaign’s needs and objectives.
With an autodialer software, you can also:
- Segment call lists
- Maintain clean lists
- Add call dispositions
- Schedule follow-up calls or texts
- Monitor calls
Automate your processes to ensure you consistently exceed expectations and results while helping make your agents work smoother.
Track results and improve your campaign
The only way to meet increasing expectations from your team and deliver better results each time is to track and monitor your campaign regularly.
You need to know what works best for you, what is holding your team back from its best performance, how customers are responding to you, and more. All this is possible by tracking your results.
A good call center software should also be able to quickly provide this data which you can use to improve your campaigns while they are running or in the future.
While implementing these best practices, it is also essential to support your agents with the right calling software. The perfect fit will enable your team to achieve more each time. We list down must-have features for your call center campaigns.
Features to look for in a great call center software
A powerful calling software along with an excellent calling campaign strategy is the perfect combination for a call center team’s success. Any outbound calling campaign is made possible and better with the right software.
While exploring call center software can be confusing, our list of important features can guide you through your decision.
Let’s take a look.
Texts from the call center
Following up with contacts immediately after a call can be made easy if your call center software allows you to send text messages automatically after a call. You can either instantly send text messages to contacts who did not pick up your call, set up automated texts for people you’ve just spoken to, or send a manual text during or after a conversation, depending on their call disposition.
For example, you can share more details via text after a call to contacts who picked your call and seemed interested. You could send reminders to reschedule a call with contacts who wanted you to call back.
Here are two ways agents can send text messages from the CallHub Call Center platform:
The patch-through calling feature enables agents to transfer calls within the team or to their manager whenever appropriate. It allows a natural flow of conversation and lets your customers have access to key players in the organization who can resolve their queries incase more explanation is needed.
This prevents your team from the time taken to rescheduling a call and instead resolves the query in real-time, thus enabling a better customer experience.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act mandates certain regulations that businesses must follow. Failure to comply with these regulations can lead to suspension of your calling campaign or your number could be blocked.
To avoid such scenarios, you could use a TCPA compliant fast click dialer that will ensure you are following regulations and carrying on with your campaign without any hassle.
Read Also: Your Cheat-Sheet to Tick All Boxes on a TCPA Compliance Checklist
Dynamic Caller ID
Another great feature is the dynamic caller ID, especially if you deal with calls to different locations.
The Dynamic Caller ID feature allows you to change your caller ID to match the location of your contacts. This increases answer rates by up to 20% because people are most likely to answer a local number.
Range of dialers
We give you a range of dialers to choose from on the CallHub platform:
- Power Dialer: A power dialer is perfect for teams that are not in a rush. It automatically places calls for your agents. It allows time for agents to complete a call, enter any notes and then get on to the next call.
- Predictive Dialer: A predictive dialer predicts calls times and automatically dials contacts while the agent is still speaking to someone. This increases call rates per hour and ensure agents always have the next prospect ready by the time they are finished with one call.
- Robo Dialer: A robo dialer or voice broadcast feature allows you to share a pre-recorded message with thousands of contacts at the click of a button. You can use this feature during emergencies or generic announcements that do not require agent interference.
Answering machine detection
When your dialer detects an answering machine, there are one of two things that it can do: send a follow-up text message or hang up the call and move to the next contact. You can select what happens depending on your campaign.
Live call monitoring
Live call monitoring is a great feature when managers want to listen in to calls in real-time to either check for quality, give feedback to agents or help them out with a contact.
Having a live call monitoring feature can improve your results by showing you exactly how calls are being conducted.
With the right calling campaign strategy, best practices, and great tools & features, your call center team is ready to achieve higher results.
The pressure to do more through your call center and its team is always daunting. CallHub’s calling software can help your team a great deal through features that are designed for campaign success.
With TCPA compliant dialers, Dynamic Caller ID features, and many more listed above, CallHub is the perfect solution for all your calling needs.
Try CallHub lite today with its pay-as-you-go model to get you started (or take a look at our other subscription plans for additional features).
Feature Image Source: Tima Miroshnichenko
The post The 3 Best Outbound Call Center Campaigns To Begin Today appeared first on CallHub.
By: Shiksha Sharma
Title: The 3 Best Outbound Call Center Campaigns To Begin Today
Sourced From: callhub.io/call-center-campaigns/
Published Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 09:29:13 +0000
Did you miss our previous article...